Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It starts now


    This is about how it all started. I always wanted to write a diary when living abroad. However never have I ever did it for longer than a week. Now I hope the things will be different and I will be able to continuously share news and stories. 
     Today is the 20th of March 2013. Long awarded exchange semester in Tokyo has started! Beautiful and a little snowy Alps are now literally under me. Great sunny day to start something new!
     Already in the airport few thoughts have come to my mind that I would love to share. First of all, Vienna is so small! It has become a good tradition to meet someone I know in the airport or in the airplane. Today we are flying to Moscow together with Alicia, a wonderful person I have met on one of the Vienna Model United Nations event. That's such a great feeling to see someone you know in a crowd. Very enjoyable ;)
     Secondly, somehow it happened, that a Japanese guy looking very Japanese was sitting next to me. And I did ask him where he was from, turned out China. Almost luck. :)
    Moscow has met me with -5C and friendly officers of customs officers, as usually ( those who have been to Moscow have seen those). When I asked, why the controlled my password again - I didn't leave the transfer zone and my Tokyo flight was scheduled to depart in next 3 hours - they said that they don't answer any questions and I was lucky enough not to get a "special checking procedure" (whatever it means). Waiting in the airport was like waiting in the airport, nothing special. Strangely, there were really few Japanese on a plane. It was a joined flight with Italian airline and there were more Italians, than Japanese (I love Italians though).

     The great thing flying along the time zones: you often arrive at the same time that you left. The great time about flying the other direction: you depart today and arrive tomorrow... So the night has quickly changed to the morning and the new day began.

No comments:

Post a Comment