Friday, April 12, 2013

Boxing


     As I have already mentioned, I have joined Keio university boxing team. Trainings are fun, team and people are great. Training lasts for almost 3 hours and is every day, except for Monday. Quite a strange schedule, especially for a person coming from Austria (in Vienna almost nothing is open on Sunday). 
    Before joining the team, I was always wondering, why sports team do those strange sounds. To be honest, I am still wondering. For example, in the middle of warm up someone shouts out loud something that sounds like "aida" and all others say "hey", this can be repeated multiple times. Seems like it is a way to cheer up others and to share positive energy. 
     At one of the sparings today I was quite slow on defence and received a nice jab right in the left eye. My first bruise in Japan. =) Looks pretty decent. 
     Now I not only draw attention of other people everywhere because I am a foreigner, but also because of a blue eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment